While coming up with a list of top reads many books crossed my mind. If you are an avid reader choosing your top five will not be an easy task, and ranking them in order is even tougher. I have read plenty of great books over the years, but only a select few continue to make an impact. The ones I am listing below are sources of rich insight.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert -By embarking on her journey with specific purposes – one country for pleasure of the senses, another for spiritual enlightenment and the third to restore balance in her life.
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel -Rich and dynamic text full of discussion of morality, faith, and the ambivalence of what constitutes truth.
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho- A philosophical book which tells us never to lose hope. It teaches us that when a person really desires something, the whole Universe will conspire to help that person realize his dream.
- The power of habit by Charles Duhigg- Explores how we can change our lives by changing our habits.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama- An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.